This Romanian cenobitic skete, until 1854, it was a Greek cell.
This Romanian cenobitic skete, until 1854, it was a Greek cell. In 1856 it become skete and occupied by Moldavian monks.
The main temple it was built in 1857 and it is named in honor of St. John Prodromos. All the paintings are made by Romanian painters in 1863.
Today lives there 25 Romanian monks. The kiriako consists saint’s relics and icons. One of them is the Panagia Aheropeetos.
The library consists 5000 print books -most of them in Romanian language- and 130 manuscripts. Near the skete, in a place called Vigla, lies the cave of Agios Athanasios. The skete belongs to Megisti Lavra monastery.