Holy Skites of Mount Athos
THE NEA SKITI
Nea Skiti it is built near the sea. It was founded in 1760 and belongs to the monastery of St. Paul. It consists of 37 cells (kellia) and huts (kalives). Today in Nea Skiti leaves 60 monks and they follow the idiorrythmic system. The Kiriako it was built on 1757 and celebrates its feast day on the 25th of March (Annunciation of the Virgin). The library of Kiriako contains 20 hand-written codes, 200 hand-written books, 500 prints, relics of saints, etc.